Monday, June 1, 2009

My Subconscious has a Sense of Humour

My subconscious has a sense of humour. Ha ha, funny am I? Why doesn't my subconscious have a sense of humour? Why can't I parse through my dreams and filter my nightmares? When the wheelbarrows of the mind hit the dregs of the skull and the eyes see a colored vision, the mind goes reeling and out of control. During these moments of frothing activity my subconscious slips into an overdrive and registers all that can be conceivably registered -- but in puzzles. They all come back to me in bits and pieces at nightime.

This is what I see-- I walk a pebbled beach, hand in hand with Ahmadejaan discussing Obama's effects on Iran's psyche, and Kate Moss tottering in her six inch heel with Gungun and then both of them cooling their nails at a nails salon, while her professor yells at her. It's really not my fault. It's my subconscious that makes me see what a Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice could have shown me. It's strange how the mind works.

Yes, if my subconscious had a sense of humour I could even have put PG Woodhouse to shame. However, if my subconscious had a high brow sense of humour I wouldn't have seen slapstick comedy in my dreams :

Laloo wallowing in the waters of Malta
Euro vision song contest being won by Armenia
Mayawati doing a cameo at the Tomb Raider sets
Prince Charles eating badam bhaja at Golpark's golchokkor with Helen

Who says my subconscious doesn't have a sense of humour? If it hadn't, I wouldn't have humoured myself to write this piece.

No comments: